Thank you for your interest in our company.
Please see below for available opportunities and submit as indicated.
Great American Merchandise and Events (GAME) is a consumer products manufacturer of pool, spa and backyard accessories, maintenance items and toys. Located in North Scottsdale, GAME supplies over 30 products to distributors and retailers around the world. Top products include the award winning Underwater Light Show, Revolutionary ePool®, Derby Duck Chlorinators and Thermometers and Solar Heater. Also known for the World Famous Derby Duck Races, GAME has helped raise millions of dollars for charity.
Are you ready to advance your career with a growing Consumer Products Company that has been recognized on Arizona’s Top 50 Companies to Watch List, the INC 5000 List and was an ACE Award Winner? Great American Merchandise and Events (GAME) is positioned to continue its double digit growth and needs a strong Sales Account Manager to join the team in its North Scottsdae Headquarters. GAME is a leading innovator in the Pool, Spa and Backyard Accessory market. With a strong presence throughout the United States, Canada and several international markets, GAME creates fun products that transform ordinary pleasures into unique experiences. This position will play a key role in the execution of the company’s strategy to continually expand its presence in the global marketplace.
DIRECTOR OF SALES
Responsible for the development and performance of all of GAME sales activities. Staffs, trains, directs and leads the sales team in achieving GAME revenue and profit goals. Establishes and implements sales plans, strategies, processes and training necessary to building a highly effective and disciplined sales organization and team. Manages and grows large key retail accounts and develops new retail sales opportunities to expand key account base.
Duties and Responsibilities
Sales Planning, Management and Tracking
- Develops and implements sales plans and strategies that ensure attainment of GAME’s sales and profit goals
- Develops and implements sales forecasts to achieve corporate objectives in conjunction with executive management’s vision.
- Delivers against quota and client satisfaction goals.
- Develops and publishes weekly, monthly and annual Sales reports on sales pipeline and sales team performance
- Controls sales expenses and meets sales budget guidelines
- Conducts weekly sales meetings with the sales team to ensure effective communication and to identify areas for improvement
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and activity reports submitted by sales team
- Sets examples for sales team in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Manages sales representatives and commissioned agents to represent the company product lines
- Supports network of brokers and commissioned agents with sales brochures and materials, competitive pricing programs and creative sales programs
Channel Development and Management of Key Retail Accounts
- Maintains effective long-term relationships with key accounts to nurture and grow account revenues
- Creates, represents and implements programs that increase sales of GAME’s licensed soft and hard goods in the retail consumer marketplace
- Penetrate and expands the business with the leading retailers and home centers in the US
- Represents GAME product lines to major retailer distribution chains
- Creates direct sales and incentive programs, in-store displays and custom promotions for larger retail stores
- Designs and makes merchandising and promotional presentations to large clients.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to key accounts
- Identifies and develops new sales channels to expand account base such as bed & bath
Sales Team Staffing and Development
- Recruits and hires an effective sales team based on established criteria
- Insures that the sales team meets or exceeds all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Establishes effective sales compensation plans to drive sales team performance
- Prepares action plans for individuals and the team to assist them in generating sales leads and closing business
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with the sales team to build motivation and selling skills
- Ensures that the sales team has the necessary skills to achieve their sales goals
Sales and Marketing Process
- Develops and implements company marketing plans to drive lead generation
- Initiates, develops and coordinates development of sales and marketing plans to penetrate new markets
- Develops and assists the sales team in proposal preparation
- Identifies and develops sales tools and trains sales team in their application
- Organizes, coordinates and represents the company at industry tradeshows
- Completes market analysis to support new product introductions
- Provides market analysis including surveys of competitive product pricing and programs to the Product Development team for use in the creation of new products and programs.
Internal and External Relationships
- Works with management team in developing sales goals/quotas and sales compensation plans
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Effectively communicates with other departments regarding proposals to insure that customers requirements are clearly and completely communicated to all departments
- Ensures that the sales team work closely with other departments in meeting customer expectations
- Maintains ongoing awareness of industry and market trends and shares that knowledge with the management team
- Works with Product Development to identify, develop and launch new products that will drive revenues
- 10+ years of experience in sales and 5+ years of experience in sales management required
- 5+ years experience in selling hard goods into large key account (Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.) in retail channel required
- Experience in selling seasonal products a plus
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) and leadership skills required.
- High school degree required, college degree in business or sales/marketing is preferred
- Demonstrated record of building a sales organization and staff is required
- Demonstrated record in growing sale in large retails accounts
- Ability to identify and capitalize on new retail market opportunities
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams
- Proficiency and familiarity with computers and software programs including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and CRM
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and employees.
- Professional work attitude and behavior when representing company and interacting with customers and employees
- Excellent reasoning and negotiating skills.
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a win – win attitude.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision.
- Travel up to 25% of time with minimal overnight travel
- Ability to manage a geographically dispersed sales team
GAME offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, disability, vacation, 401K and moving allowance (if applicable). Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our website: www.game-group.com
Please send your resume with a brief cover letter, including salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marketing Coordinator will contribute to GAME’s overall marketing and brand strategy across multiple channels of delivery, ensuring all marketing efforts are aligned with short and long-term strategic goals of the entire organization. The Marketing coordinator will report to the Director, Creative & Brand, and works collaboratively with cross functional teams company-wide to facilitate clear and focused execution of all project deliverables. This role will be tasked with playing a key support role in the planning, managing, and executing marketing promotions, consumer research, social media, guerilla marketing, email marketing, advertising and public relations schedules.
Responsibilities & Goals:
- Support and contribute to annual GAME marketing plan
- Perform market research; primary, secondary, qualitative/quantitative in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer markets
- Manage social media presence; development of strategic audience engagement across all social sites and blogs
- Establish database structure to assist in determining audience segmentation for product positioning and campaigns
- Work with Director, Creative & Brand to develop our key audience targets and analyze data to determine if goals are being achieved.
- Manages the day-to-day administration of projects and schedule
- Determine best market research methodology against budget and time constraints
- Support and protect company brand by ensuring consistent ‘brand-voice’ is maintained in all communication
- Assist in creation of promotional and/or web copy
- Provide marketing, communications and research support for client and media pitches
- Develop weekly status reports on all current projects and action items to maintain schedules
- Interpret data, reports, and create clear actionable recommendations
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team at all levels
- Project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Social media and email marketing
- WordPress or other CMS program experience a big plus
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations firm
Please Include salary history and requirements.
GAME offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, disability, vacation, 401K and moving allowance (if applicable).
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume, with a brief cover letter, including salary history and requirements to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.